Thursday, December 17, 2009

global climate

The rich are destroying the planet. Perhaps they think they’re going off to another one after they’ve destroyed this one.” Hugo Chávez
Good quote no?
It's totally true.
What the hell are all these countries thinking?
China ... Seriously??? Do they really have to be opposed to EVERYTHING?

Those climate things and environmental subjects are worrying me a lot.
But in a way, you cant do anything about it.
The people who have the power, just want 1 thing. POWER. Not a nice planet...
They dont care for this planet. which is weird. As in order to get power and maintain it, they should make sure they can have a place to do it... This planet that is.
Fucking losers.

I go from the motto that everyone of us can try and make a change.
If you, yourself, try to be good and do the right thing, then it already helps... (and then you should tell your colleges and friends to do the same and they tell their friends... and so on and so on)

Like:
recycling.
EVERYONE should recycle.
Here in the US it's like recycling just happened a week ago.
Paper goes w PAPER IN THE PAPER BIN!
At work I literally take everyone's paper out of their bins and throw it where it should go... The PAPER bin!
drives me nuts when they say: yeeeeaaaah... I know I should, but I get so lazy sometimes....
(just to let you know the paper bin is 3 steps behind them)
Maybe I should say: yeeeeaaaaaah, I know I should work and book your shoots, but I get so lazy sometimes....

Plastic bags.
omg omg Oh MY FUCKING GOD
1 bottle of water in 2 plastic bags (because god forbid, the bag would break!!)
bread and 1 yoghurt in 2 plastic bags.
the chicken in 2 plastic bags
1 can of fucking green peas in 2 plastic bags
and so on and so on...

EVERYTHING is double bagged!!!!!!!
and then in the supermarket here in brooklyn... those mothers that go grocery shopping for their 12 head family, go home w a 100 double bagged shopping bags...
WHYYYY???
In Europe you dont even get a plastic bag!! you have to buy it!!!!!
Here you can buy bags as well. You know, the shopping bags?? I think I'm the only one using it here in Brooklyn...
SAD !!

Oh, and then you have Wholefoods w their paper bags.... Guess what: they fucking double bag everything as well!!!
"But its paper" they say...
eeeerhh... How about they have to kill a tree to get paper...

WATER.
Taps that keep on running....
What was the line again about 7 years ago??? Dont drip NY dry???
hmmm.... weird... it's still dripping everywhere... Water is just getting wasted and wasted and WASTED!!
Or people who leave the tap running while brushing their teeth... or have a tap running while cleaning something....
I mean...
Why?

Everyone must think I'm crazy after reading all of this...
But I'm not!
I just get so annoyed w a lot of these things.
And I make a good point I think.

If everyone stops taking plastic bags, starts recycling paper (and the rest) and doesnt leave taps running, then we would have a better planet.
(And maybe take a bike more often than a car...)

The Confirming Friend loves the planet and thinks we should ALL participate ourselves to make it better...

4 comments:

NJD said...

with you all the way!! F*CK*ERS i always argue!

Sunster said...

you go gurl
100% behind you

ps. stomach . . .?

Lies said...

Long live Belgium on this matter! We rule in recycling! It's getting better and better. People literally apload you when you refuse a plastic bag. In most shops thay don't even wrap your christmas presents anymore (more out of lack of time, but hey it helps).
You go spread the Belgian word in the US regarding recycling girl!

Daan said...

I'm so proud of the Belgian girl in New York!