Friday, September 11, 2009

Doctors in the United States of America

I went to see a doctor and he prescribed me a $3000 antibiotic that is the heaviest of heaviest antibiotic .
I have a little wound turned into an abcess.
I am allergic to sulphur.
My doctor, the head of intensive care of Beth Israel Clinic, told me my abcess is peniciline resistant.
How does he know? mmmm.. well, he looked at it. From 1m distance, and decided it was resistant to peniciline.
Then he looked in his computer and decided I needed to take an antibiotic that was going to be quite expensive...
$800 to a $1000 he said...
I was like: ok i guess... whatever it takes to get healthy!
I went to Duane Reade to get my drugs. The guy goes: you aware of the price? I said: uhu. He goes: it's high in price, right?. I go: uhu, I'm aware... He goes: It's $100/pil... I go: hold on... I need 28 of those... He goes: yeah. It's $3000...
I go: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA tears tears tears AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
...
So we looked to some solution, being: me buying 3 pills for $300 so I could start my cure... and the next day let the pills get fedexed from Belgium.
I thought that was a good idea.
I call my friend in Belgium and tell her about the antibiotic. She was looking it up and was going to send it to me.
She calls me back later. She goes: do you have a fever. I go: no. She goes: what the hell do you have? I go: an infection.
She goes: you can't get this antibiotic in a pharmacy here. You have to be hospitalized for it. She goes: it's an antibiotic that is the heaviest of them all. It's for example when you have a high fever from a terrible infection when your leg gets amputated and a bug got into it...
I go: WHAAAAAAATTT??????
She goes: you need to be closely followed with blood samples to see if you dont get blood thickening.
She goes: the antibiotic costs 1300 euro here.....
I go: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA tears tears tears AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I'm almost getting a heart attack...
Next step was:
I went to another doctor. At a cheap hospital. He looked at it. Took a sample of it to go to the lab and told me my antibiotic was too strong. He prescribed me another one... $20 for 20 pills.
He said: it's going to be fine... No stress.
I was like: Really? He goes: yes. I go: thanks. He said: you're welcome.

Up until today, I am still alive. My infection is still there. Less painful. and it's healing.
Why did the director of the intensive care decided to bombard me with this heavy antibiotic that would internally completely kill me????
I dont know....

the confirming friend is NOT a fan of the doctors in the united states...

No comments: