Sunday, June 14, 2009

mmmmmbutterrr!

We don't get any younger.
We do get a lot older every day...
Since my lack of sleep and 7/7 working, I feel like a 67 year old ... and I look like one too.
Don't ask me why 67 ... I could've easily said a 100... but that's not realistic and scary enough...
Anyway,
nothing I can do about this sleep and free time deprived life, but continuing it and trying to take good care of the body and mind.
My biggest concern, and the reason why I stopped smoking, are wrinkles on my face.
I already devoted several posts about it, and here I will go again with a new discovery.
On Manhattan Ave in Greenpoint (yes, I live there) there is a polish pharmacy I frequently consult.
Browsing through the stuff, I noticed a brown tube of 100% pure cacao butter.
Knowing they use cacao butter in moisturizers, I bought it to try it out...
(even though it said on the bottle pregnant women use it to prevent stretch marks... I'm not pregnant...)

It's kind of weird to put butter on your face... But it smells delicious AND it has so many benefits!
I quote: Cocoa butter has been called the ultimate moisturizer, and has been used to keep skin soft and supple for centuries.
It is one of the most stable, highly concentrated natural fats known, and melts at body temperature so that it is readily absorbed into the skin.
It creates a barrier between sensitive skin and the environment and also helps retain moisture.
Massaging the skin with cocoa butter may help relieve stress, boost the immune system, and even prevent cancer. This is because cocoa butter, like chocolate, contains a lot of CMP.

Reason for me to roll and bathe myself in this delicious butter!
Not all butter is bad after all ...

The Confirming Friend says: butter up!

No comments: