Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pain-Torment-Torture

Somehow, for the 1st time in my history of nail biting, I got an infection on one of my fingers...
and it's fucking gross...
My mom always used to say: some day you will get an infection on your fingers, and it will hurt so much! and if you aren't careful, you will have your fingers amputated...
I always said: mom, you're such an exaggerator.
And now, at the age of 28, I have my 1st infection...
(Nail biting and taking subways in NY don't go together)
it started with a pulsing heartbeat in my finger... pain ... pain... not being able to sleep until 7am.
I thought I was exaggerating...
A couple of hours later (after taking 2 Motrins and i finally passed out) my finger was huge... and painful...
I went to the doctor. Got antibiotics.
Only now, 3 days later, the infection is almost gone....
And I still have my finger.
No amputation needed...
Luckileeee!


THE CONFIRMING FRIEND HATES NAIL BITING.

1 comment:

Lies said...

Oi, that looks painful! My mum used to tell me that my fingers would grow bumps if I didn't stop biting them. Still not seeing any bumps on my fingers :o)