Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Wednesday the 22nd

Lately,
There are a lot of things I would like to talk about and a lot of things I don't even want to mention.
Basically: I'm not really inspired.
However, I have a couple of things that I want to talk about today, about what I did and what goes through my mind.
It looks like my confirming blog is more my diary and you guys have to read my bullshit!
But, I will make it interesting and mention something meaningful with every subject.

* Menstruating.
Ok, I admit, I find it disgusting! Who doesn't??
Why oooh why do women have these cycles of blood streaming out of their bodies???
Did you know that only chimpanzees and humans bleed?
Other species have invert menstruation!!! (It's called: estrous cycles)
A woman's first menstruation is termed menarche and starts around the age of 12.
The end of the reproductive phase of a woman is called the menopause, which occurs somewhere between the ages of 45 and 55.
Although the menstrual cycle is necessary for reproduction, I find it absolutely revolting!
Wouldn't be easier when women would just have their period when they want to make babies???
Why do we need to suffer at least 35 years with this bleeding????
So yeah: I got my period today...

* Apartment hunting in NY.
There are choices you can make:
Manhattan or Brooklyn
Apartment or room
Big budget or Small budget
My choices: Brooklyn, room, small budget.
I will end up I think in a shared loft in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
Greenpoint is the northernmost neighborhood in the New York City borough of Brooklyn and bordered by Williamsburg.
Originally it was farmland and waaaaay earlier it was inhabited by Keskachauge Indians. It was described as remarkably verdant and beautiful, with Jack pine and oak forest, meadows, fresh water creeks and briny marshes. Water fowl and fish were abundant.
Can you imagine that NY had fresh water creeks?????
Only for those reasons I want to live in Greenpoint. I'll feel the connection with the Indians and the meadows, when watching a dvd with the A/C blowing in my face ...

* Halloween costumes
What costume do I wear?
After the Diesel party, I didn't feel like dressing up anymore.
Reason: I put too much effort in looking like Axel Rose because firstly nobody noticed or cared and secondly, my wig ended up in my pants after less than an hour.
But Halloween IS a big deal here so I REALLY want to do it well.
Funny also: in the 10 years I come here, I have never celebrated a Halloween here!
After spending 1 hour in the Halloween store, I wandered through the city and I found what I will be: a sheep!
Trust me: it will look good!
And as promised:
"Halloween has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain (Irish pronunciation. The festival of Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes regarded as the "Celtic New Year". The ancient Gaels believed that on October 31, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the alive and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops."

1 comment:

lien debuck said...

HAHA A SHEEP! Die foto's moek zien!
Een goeie keuze!

xxx