Tuesday, September 2, 2008

ooooh baby i like it Raaaaaaaaaaw!

In New York it's all about hypes...
It wouldn't be New York of course if there weren't any.
The new big thing for the moment is Raw food/Vegan/Organic.
You're a pussy if you're only a vegetarian, you might as well just eat meat then.
Since the moment I arrived here the only thing I've been eating are vegetables, tofu, hummus, fresh coconut water, fresh figs...
Of course I bought that at Whole Foods, mecca of Organic foods in NY.
You must be out of your freaking mind to NOT buy there!
And actually that's not exaggerated...
I was eeating baby carrots I bought from - oh kill my now!! - the REGULAR supermarket. Brand: Dole.
Ok: my fault... who buys carrots from a brand that's known for it's pineapples and bananas and canned fruit...
The carrots tasted like nothing... I was wondering for a second if they weren't just pieces of tame from a banana tree with a hint of carrot taste genetically put in there...
Since then I buy my fruits, veggies, milk, cookies, anything from the Organic supermarket.

But what I won't cave in for is the Raw/Vegan food hype...
Too complicated... although here they make it easy for you.
Raw/Vegan food doesn't only include raw vegetables, because you can't eat anything that comes from an animal neither can you eat something that's cooked or baked or smoked...
A little place on 8th street and Ave A makes all these great burgers, cookies, cakes, juices, pizza's...
It's all Tofu related and the Raw burgers are made with a dried toast instead of bread bun. (I think it's not easy to eat without spilling all the toppings...)
You don't have to starve yourself if you're Raw/Vegan... although it's a sure thing your wallet will starve... ( ha. ha. ha I'm so funny!! )
If you want to eat cheap, buy a twix for 0,79 cents... or a $1.00 McD burger.

Living in a non-organic USA would be harmful for you.
I would never touch a chicken or steak or egg that's not organic. If you want to have children with boobs at the age of 3, go ahead...
Luckily for the USA there is a little city called New York where people are so obsessed with their looks, they'd rather hang themselves than eat regular food.

2 comments:

Tom Van Dorpe said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

Lies said...

"Smelly town, smelly town, what are they feeding you?!"

Bij mij is 't al zo erg door al dat gezond eten, wat moet dat zijn in een stad waar iedereen zo eet, quel odeur!!

;o)