Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Feeling hot hot hot

It's hot. Very hot for belgian standards.
I'm so warm and sweaty, I can't even think what to write on my blog... (lame excuse...)
ok... I admit:
I've also been EXTREMELY lazy!
Reason:
We had a 10 days festival over here, and it was a good one this year.
Not as good as like I used to do when I was 20 (I didn't come home for 10 days and I lost 5 kilo's), but it was a nicely filled 10 days of fun, with 3 days of going hardcore... wa!ha!ha!haaa!

Anyway,
IT'S FUCKING HOT!
How to cool off:
* Get an A/C. Too expensive?? Get a fan!...
BUT our grand parents used to live without. So what to do when it's really hot and you're outside:
* Find water. water to drink.
Open the tap, buy a Brita. It's a water filter system you can either put on your tap or you can buy a can and fill it with tap water. The Brita filters tap water from bad stuff (www.brita.net). You don't use plastic bottles, so it's much better for the environment. The Confirming Friend loves nature!
Drink water to cool off.
* Find water. water to swim.
Go to the beach. If you're in Belgium, I've always loved to go to Knokke. And I ALWAYS used to go to Knokke Zoute. But only recently, I discovered that in Duinbergen (which is next to Knokke), the beach is as good as Knokke Zoute AND cheaper!
You don't get rich by spending money, but by saving money. (I think i have Jewish in my blood)
Salt water is not only good to cool down, but it heals cuts and wounds (if you would have them) AND it's also good for the skin.
* Wear a wet shirt. Wear a wet headpiece. Wet the sleeves of your t-shirt, and then every time there's a breeze, you cool off.
* Eat Smart.
Smaller meals with less protein will reduce metabolic heat.
* Mint. To cool your skin: lotion with peppermint, shower with peppermint soap, use a minty foot soak, and powders with mint. Mint refreshes the skin and leaves a nice cooling sensation.
Peppermint tea! yumm!!
* Eat Spicy Food. It's not a coincidence that many people in hotter regions of the world eat spicy food.
Spicy food increases perspiration which cools the body as it evaporates.
* Sweat it all out!!
Sweat is good. Sweat cools you down when you stand in a little breeze... (Just use deodorant)
Go to the sauna during winter. It's good to stand the cold. It's good to stand the heat.
* Lastly: just think: I'm not hot. I'm cold...
The Confirming Friend thinks like that about everything!!
I'm not hot, I'm cold.
I'm not poor. I'm rich.
I'm not tired. I'm awake!

The Confirming Friend loves heat!


http://www.wikihow.com/Cool-Yourself-Without-Air-Conditioning

No comments: